PRESS RELEASE: International Women’s Forum Releases Data on Attitudes Of and About Women at its Cornerstone Conference in Santiago, Chile
May 17, 2022
“Discovery Through Earth, Seas & Skies” Features Highly Anticipated Research on Women in Latin America as well as Critical Discussions on Gender Inequities in Health Care and Renewable Energy.
Washington, DC – On May 17 and 18, 2022, the International Women’s Forum (IWF) will convene global decision makers to explore today’s most pressing issues in the context of Chile through a woman’s lens. The theme this year is “Discovery Through Earth, Seas & Skies,” which acknowledges the exceptional diversity of the environment as well as the exciting innovations in the conference’s host country. Sessions include The Evolution of Attitudes Of and Toward Women in Latin America: A Story Told over 25 Years; A Matter of Life or Death: Women, Aging, and Inequities in Health Care; The Transformation of Chilean Politics and more.
IWF Global President, Helen Rule, stated, “We’re excited to come together in-person after two years of virtual events. I’m looking forward to thought-provoking discussions that help inform leaders as they make decisions for their organizations.”
During the conference IWF will reveal never-before seen, aggregated data from one of the world’s foremost pollsters, Marta Lagos, Founding Director of Latinobarómetro. For decades, Lagos has studied the shifts in attitudes around political and cultural issues in Latin America. Through the highly anticipated research, attendees will learn about the evolution of attitudes of women and toward women in Latin America and the implications of this data for women around the world.
The conference will feature more than fifteen unique speakers and moderators, including:
- His Excellency Ricardo Lagos E., Former President of the Republic of Chile and President of Fundación Democracia y Desarrollo
- Marta Lagos, Founding Director of Latinobarómetro, MORI (Chile) S.A.
- Alejandro Aravena, Architect and Executive Director of ELEMENTAL
- Dr. Jamile Camacho, Professor of Surgery and Breast Pathology and Magister in Bioethics, Clinica Alemana Universidad del Desarrollo
- Dr. Sylvia Eyzaguirre, Researcher at Centros de Estudios Públicos
- Gonzalo Gebara, President and CEO of Walmart Chile
- Dr. Claudia Heiss, Professor, Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Chile
- Dr. Lourdes Melgar, Research Affiliate at MIT’s Center for Collective Intelligence
The full agenda and speaker lineup can be viewed here. To join the conversation on social media, follow @IWFGlobal on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and use the hashtags #IWFLeadsChange and #IWFChile2022.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S FORUM
The International Women’s Forum (IWF) is an invitation-only network of the most accomplished women in the world. IWF connects women leaders across every professional sector in support of each other and the common mission of advancing women’s leadership and championing equality worldwide. Established in New York City in 1974, today IWF is comprised of over 7,500 preeminent women leaders in 33 countries. IWF is the only organization of this scale that builds significant relationships between C-level women from every sector across the globe. Learn more at www.iwforum.org.
Communications & Design Director
International Women’s Forum